Natural skin care products with no animal products, chemicals or preservatives can be a challenge to find. Fruits, vegetables, and other natural ingredients are often used in skin care. Try these luxurious skin treatments and tips for a spa experience at home. Use certified organic ingredients to be sure of the purity of the finished recipes.
For clean soft skin, start with one ripe peach, pealed, chopped and with the pit discarded. Mash the peach then add one tablespoon of honey or molasses and stir well. Next, apply to the face. Relax for 5-10 minutes then rinse well with warm water and pat dry.
Avocado and Honey Hair Conditioner
Avocados contain natural moisturizing oils that hair and skin can benefit from.
Begin with a ripe avocado peeled, mashed and mixed with 1/4 cup of honey and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Apply the mixture to the hair and leave on for 10-20 minutes before rinsing well with warm water, or shampoo and water, depending on the amount of moisture desired, hair type, and hair length. Enjoy naturally shiny and manageable hair with less frizz.
Molasses and Oatmeal Skin Mask
Oatmeal and molasses combine to make a soothing skin treatment that helps promote healing and reduce redness. Mix 1/4 cup instant oatmeal and 1/4 cup of boiling water with 2 tbsp of molasses stirred well, cooled, and applied slightly warm to the face. Relax for 5-10 minutes and then rinse well.
White Grape Face and Body Scrub
This skin luxury is beautiful, fresh and exfoliating. The antioxidant benefits of white grape combine the sugar creating soft and smooth skin. Cut clean, organic grapes in half and dip the cut end in sugar. Rub gently on wet skin of the face or body and rinse well with warm water.
Baking Soda Body Treatments
Baking soda is simple, affordable and great for keeping teeth white. For clean teeth and fresh breath dip a wet toothbrush into baking soda or sprinkle it on the toothbrush and then simply brush the teeth and tongue.
Baking soda also helps keep the body clean and deodorized. While in the shower sprinkle it directly onto the skin or pour into hands and rub the skin. Rinse well with warm water, and towel dry to be naturally refreshed. Feel great and energized without the chemicals and perfumes in most cosmetics that may irritate or excessively dry some skin types.
Skin Care Garden
Enjoy home beautiful skin and give new purpose to your small outdoor garden space and indoor plants with a skin care garden. First, determine a convenient outdoor area to be used or the indoor containers to be planted in. Any assortment of planters that find bright daily sunlight, water and observation are all that are needed to produce quality plants your skin deserves.
Easy to grow plants for beautiful skin:
- An Aloe plant is essential for a variety of skin conditions and is easy to grow in many areas. Break open the thick leaves and rub the gel of the plant directly onto clean skin. Allow the aloe to dry on the skin and rinse in the morning. This can also be applied under makeup. Aloe helps with healing acne, wrinkle prevention, rash soothing and after sun use for the skin.
- A Cherry Tomato plant is often easy to grow in a garden. Small Cherry tomatoes sliced in half, dipped in sugar and gently applied to a damp face or body allow for a fresh exfoliating experience. Tomatoes of any kind are good to have in the garden. They also grow well in a planter in the sunny spot on the porch or patio.
- Lavender or Marigold flowers are perfect for steaming the face. Bring clean water to a boil and then remove from the heat and pour into a bowl with dried flowers from the skin care garden. Allow the steam to rise over the facial skin. After the water cools and there is no more steam, rinse the face with warm water. Follow with a cool water rinse and gently pat the skin dry.
Have fun with your house plants again and enjoy a garden with great skin care benefits.
Everyday Guidelines for Healthy Skin
While clear skin is also dependent on an individual’s diet it is important to follow these everyday rules of healthy skin:
- drink plenty of water;
- eat a balanced diet;
- get eight hours of sleep per night;
- exercise every day; and
- use sunblock when necessary.
Take care of the body as a whole and the skin will follow with a healthy glow. For persistent, unresponsive, or worrisome skin conditions, consult a skin care professional.